backstage at miss unkon.


Before the Miss Unkon show on Monday I popped backstage to get a glimpse of what things are like behind the scenes. I was amazed by the amount of detail that goes into the presentation of the models, from the immaculate wire plaited bun, to the smokey eye and patterned stick-on nails, all for that 20 second walk up and down the runway. It's crazy to think of how much time is spent on these elements when most people watching the show would hardly notice it or even be able to see it at all, so I considered myself extremely lucky to see it. With this in mind, it truly made me appreciate the attention to detail that went into the production and made me enjoy the show even more. 

 I loved the hidden dandelion tattoo behind every model's left ear, so discreet and subtle you would not have been able to spot it from the stands. I spoke to Miss Unkon designer, Courtney Meyer (I initially mistook for a model) who told me that was a magical element to the collection 'The Life Between', a reminder of the little things in life and has also become show tradition to include some form of temporary body art on the models. Such a fitting detail for a collection that strives to capture the essence of undiscovered beauty. Pictures from the runway coming soon.

7 comments :

  1. I love backstage photos! We get to see more of the details which we usually miss on the runway.
    chimericalperfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's gorgeous! I thought the model must have had a dandelion tattoo, that's so interesting that it was part of the show. I kind of want a dandelion tattoo now! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I really love that Courtney does with her creative direction for Miss Unkon is body art! I remember at the show last year she also had amazing body art designs...very Navajo! and the 2012 winter collection, the amazing dream catcher Becca drew on Britney's back was sensational!
    I was so sad I missed her show this year.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i ADORE backstage shots and i'm very jealous you got to have a real sneek peak. the tattoo idea is so pretty :)

    cocoandgarcon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you say, it can be the little elements that help to tie together a collection. I popped backstage post-show and after hearing Courtney talk about her inspirations - art deco, Miami, magic - everything I'd just seen crystallised in my mind.

    Lovely to see you briefly on Friday x

    ReplyDelete