style me.


I've been feeling a little uninspired lately - not sure if it's to do with the bipolar weather, the growing pile of uni assignments, overall stress build up, being stuck in this transseasonal shift (or a mixture of all). Despite having a wardrobe full of clothes, when you can't figure out how to put things together, even the name on the label won't save you.  I'd heard some great things about the Sportsgirl Style Me sessions from a few other bloggers so I figured I'd try it out for myself. Having a personal stylist pick out looks for you based on your style and current trends, and giving you an hour of their undivided attention... all for free? No pain, all gain.

These are my three favourite looks that the very talented head stylist, Monica conjured up for me. I know what you're thinking... 'Wow Mel is in colour.' Yes I am! I have moved from the dark ages of black and white and ventured into the future and boy is it looking bright. Both Monica and I agreed our favourite look was the midnight blue sequinned pants - if you'd have given those to me and asked me to style up an outfit, I would have done the exact same thing. I asked Monica to show me how to inject colour into my wardrobe (even a thin neon belt goes a long way) - she was spot on for picking up my style (even incorporating my felt hat obsession), still keeping things minimal and simple just the way I like it, but warming me up to a bit of colour here and there. 

If you're feeling like a pick me up, want to be pampered, looking for something to wear for a special occasion, have trouble deciding what to wear with a piece of your own or just want to play dress ups, I highly recommend checking out the Sportsgirl Style Me studio. Such a great service that enhances the shopping experience and I think so many Australian fashion retailers could learn from what SG are doing. 

Head over to the Sportsgirl website to book your free style session. You've got nothing to lose :)

PS. I apologise if seeing me three times in the one picture is tripping you out. It's starting to scare me too...

5 comments :

  1. I've already told you I love this post, but I am here to tell you again! :)
    Love colour on you, I really think this is something you need to do more!

    x Aprilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Mel, you look incredible. Those colours are sublime on you. I will have to try out the SMS too! xx

    WWW.STYLE-PAWS.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh man, I'm having the hardest time picking just one look as a favorite...they're all amazing! Haha, yeah, the pants really suit you, and I love the styles she whipped up for you. She nailed the colorful part alright!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look amazing! I saw photos of the sportsgirl style session on another blog and your photos make me really want to do it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been feeling exactly the same way recently, this styling session sounds amazing, for free as well! My fave outfit is the sequinned trousers too, they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete