first birthday.


Flourished & Sunkissed actually had its beginnings in late 2010 where it started out as a blog on red carpet and celebrity style stalking and boy has it come a long way since my first post about Katy Perry's ticket stub dress (I dare you to read it). I blogged solidly for a month then stopped over the summer. This time last year I made the decision to blog again and despite wanting to give up a few times, am somehow still here today.

I wanted to thank some people who have helped me along the way. To Jack, for being my photographer even when you don't want to and for putting up with my fashion related rants. Aprilia, for taking such amazing photos, for being my blogger mentor, showing me the ropes and reminding me to always dream big! To my growing network of Sydney bloggers who have kept me motivated, inspired and supported me through my blogging aspirations.

Most importantly, to my readers (including my work, uni and high school friends who occasionally stalk this space), because if no one visited my blog, I honestly don't think I would be able to keep doing what I'm doing. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see the comments, the likes, the reblogs and the follows growing everyday. And to the handful of those who comment on almost every post (don't think I don't notice you) - I am so grateful that you return over and over  

Thanks for coming along for the ride - I hope you stick with me! Fingers crossed for bigger and better things to come over the next year.

PS. Header got a little birthday makeover, inspired by this last season J Crew sweater. I want it so bad. Yes to sequins?

9 comments :

  1. Happy first blog birthday! Cheers to many more!

    Christie x

    Dark Blue Stripes

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy blog birthday! yay!! :)

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, happy blog birthday! Can't wait to see what this next year brings. I'm certain it will be good things :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!! happy blog bday!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~happy buh'day gurl~. Loving the sequins and cupcakes, and I've been loving your blog for quite some time now. And now that all our blogs are one, they can start to play together and do other things a child would do with other children of their age ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooo Happy Blog Birthday, Mel! Feels so good to hit one year, I bet :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh congratulations!! Love the new header. xx

    loverandshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohhh congrats! How exciting! You've done so well in a year's time!

    Nora
    Nora Finds

    ReplyDelete