sincerely, mel.

Wish top | Kahlo skirt | Witchery jacket | Zara heels | Alexander Wang tote
Photos by Aprilia

I'm named this post Sincerely, Mel after one of my all time favourite bloggers Sincerely, Jules, firstly because this outfit reminds me of her and her signature khaki jacket over anything look (not to mention I have the same shoes and bag as her) and secondly because Jules helped me make the decision to purchase my Prisma. Out of all the tweets she probably gets she took the time to answer my silly little question about the durability of the straps on her Wang tote. So nice of her! And with that I was sold.

Can you believe I'm wearing a print? Not something you see everyday. Although this Wish print has my name all over it. Nothing too 'out there' but with just the right amount of colour and contrast so it's still noticeable. Looks a little aztec (and I use the term lightly) with the geometric print zig zag/ chevron print, but I think the purple/ blue hues and the black panel sides take it beyond being a trend driven piece.

Lastly, how charming is this house in Surry Hills? Thank you home owner for letting me photograph the front of your house.  While I wish I had the luxury of taking sidewalk photos in SoCal like Song of Style and Sincerely Jules (every street corner seems to be picturesque over there) , this is probably the best I will get in Sydney. Oh well, one day.

PS. There's just under a week to enter the Pratten giveaway. Don't miss out :)

20 comments :

  1. Those are some big name brands you've got missy! Looking excellent here as usual. Love the a symmetrical skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You some Kahlo perfection! I love the skirt! So amazing on you! Goes so well with your Wang ;-)

    Christie x

    Dark Blue Stripes

    Fashion Weekend Ticket Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looove the Alexander Wang bag and the metallic points on it! the gold jewellery is pretty too :)

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning as always, lovely. Also, Kahlo and Wang in one outfit, you are worth like a million dollars in these pictures!

    Gx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh stunning simplicity. This is perfect! I would do ANYTHING to own one of those Wang totes! Luccckkkkkkyyyy! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mel, I'm new to your blog and absolutely love it! Have you ever done any posts about the photography on your blog? Do you have any tips on lighting, settings, equipment, posing, etc? The photos are stunning! You have a fan in the US :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah!
      Great to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words.
      No I haven't. I'm absolutely terrible behind the lens - the photography credit goes to (www.aprilialove.com - you may just find another new blog love).
      From my experience, we've found the best time to take photos is in the late afternoon (when it's not too bright from the sun) and to find a shaded spot (unless you want to go for the sun drenched look).
      I guess the camera also has a little something to do with it. Aprilia owns a Nikon and we shoot with a prime lens most of the time.
      As for the posing, it's actually something I'm still getting used to (I do feel a little awkward sometimes haha). I spend a lot of time looking at other blogs, seeing how the girls pose and their facial expressions. Usually the best shots I've found are in mid-action, so moving from one pose to another/ walking. I think you just have to not be self conscious and try anything (and at least if it doesn't turn out the way you like you can always delete it). I also tend to take a look at every 10 - 20 shots to see if there's anything I need to reshoot/ change.
      Hope that helps :)
      Much love x

      Delete
  7. Hi! I'm planning to buy this KAHLO skirt aswell :) I'm just wondering what size you got and how it fits, because I'm pretty sure we have the same type of figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hi. Mine is a size 6 (I'm usually size 6/ XS so it's true to size). It's supposed to sit around the belly button but mine sits a little higher. It fits well around the waist (but it gapes a little - which you'd expect from a leather skirt but it won't fall down). Does ride up a bit but it's a good length (I'm quite short, 155cm).
      Hope that helps!

      Delete
  8. beautiful photos, I love the print on that top! and amazing bag too <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the KAHLO leather skirt so much that I bought one myself today! :D Can you do another outfit post with the skirt? I need some inspiration on how to wear leather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! will you do another outfit post with the leather skirt? I bought one too but haven't worn it out yet because I don't know what to wear it with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. VERY nice outfit!! especially your bag... huhhh i wantttt

    ReplyDelete
  12. you looking very sweet :)) ı follow you...
    http://glpnr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete