black & white.

Armor Lux top, gifted May the Label skirt, Michael Kors watch. 
Photos by April

Simple is always best. In every aspect of one's life. A perfect striped breton and a black skirt showing just the right amount of skin can be as commanding as any other colour happy/ printed/ intricately detailed piece. Which is why black and white has withstood the test of time. Tried and tested over the years, monochrome is back once again thanks to the likes of Marc Jacobs, Jason Wu and Prada. 

A hint of red restores balance from the casual Cons and brings with it an element of sophistication. How powerful is red lipstick? The thing deserves to run its own country. It's taken me twenty one years but I have finally learnt to embrace my plump lips. I always thought a bold shade drew more attention to its size and was a little too attention grabbing for me but in fact a red lippy does the complete opposite - it instills confidence and beauty. I've made it a personal mission of mine to wear lipstick on as many occasions as I see fit and as a result my collection has grown from a lone fire engine red lippy has been joined by a deep wine, raspberry pink and a cold pink verging on purple. You should try it sometime.

PS. Don't forget to enter the Lioness LBD giveaway.

9 comments :

  1. Simplicity is rather stunning. That colour lipstick looks beautiful on you :)

    izzybea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree re: lipsticks! since buying my first red lipstick a few years ago my collection has grown to 20+ in a wide range of colours. they're amazing for livening up a casual or simple outfit. you look fantastic as always, stripes are always a winner x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of your lipstick. You look great in this. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh LOL mel! i pretty much wore this outfit today and you didnt tell me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your makeup and the slit in your skirt. The red lipstick really pops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so perfect Mel! Beautiful photographs & nice choice of background to go with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lip colour also and looks great on you!
    Can you tell us what it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie! Absolutely, it's NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in the shade 'Terre de Feu'. Stocked at Mecca Cosmetica x

      Delete