pursuit of happiness.


The first day of 2012 aka the first real day of summer (for me at least). After being cooped up inside a shopping center for the entirety of December, I finally had my first taste of summer sunshine on New Years Day. So what better than to pull out my much loved vintage denim cut offs and my Rayban wayfarers (two of my essential summer pieces) and put together what I would considered my everyday outfit - the one I wear when I'm running errands on the very few days I have off.

These snaps were taken at the Moonlight Cinema in Centennial Park. If you're thinking about seeing a movie within the next month - do it here! Much better than sitting inside a dark room. I gave my boyfriend Gold Grass tickets to an advance screening of the Muppets for our one year anniversary and we were treated like royalty - we had the best 'lounges' in the house right in the middle of the screen and we didn't have to line up for food like everybody else (it was delivered to us). The Muppets is the best movie I've seen all year (no pun intended), it had a little something for the kids and adults (or the young at heart) with plenty of cameos (Donald Glover, Rashida Jones, Dave Grohl) and lots of laugh out loud moments. 

I'd also like to introduce to you my new hat. If you've been following me on Twitter, you'll know I had some hesitation towards wearing hats - I have a huge head (it kills if I wear headbands for more than two hours), wide face and an equally huge forehead. Contrary to my initial beliefs, I am indeed a hat person and very much in love with my 'Far East Plum' French Connection fedora from ASOS. Despite being a wool hat (my mother thinks a wool hat isn't appropriate for summer weather) , you'll be seeing a lot more of this little thing. I'm taking it with me on my four seasons holiday and determined to wear it in both summer (Malaysia) and winter (Japan)... which is in 6 days by the way!

5 comments :

  1. Those bean bag couch things look ultra comfy!
    I think I definitely need to take my boy to these cinemas!
    Love the colour of your hat, though I don't know how much you'll have it on in Malaysia (I tend to sweat more with a hat on?).
    Looking forward to tomorrow!

    x

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat is really cute and it suits you :) Lovely blog :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is so cute. Have to taken a look at my blog?

    fashion-dominates.blogspot.com

    I am following you and think you may be interested in following back..

    Enjoy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat, it really suits you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fact that you liked the muppets movie haha. Your hat is awesome btw.

    Omg you are almost in Japan! SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete