C O U N T R Y S T R O N G


I love Leighton Meester (trust me this is not the last time you'll be seeing her on my blog) and I think she looks like her radiant self. But I'm not too sure about her dress choice. I know I shouldn't ever bad mouth Marc Jacobs (certainly not on my first day of blogging) but I feel like this dress should have been kept on the runway and off the red carpet.
I first saw the top of the dress thinking it was a little odd, especially with that out of place protruding gold breastplate thing, but it's redeemed by the black lace bodice which i know is all the rage this season.
Then I searched for a full body shot and realised what was going on below was uh-oh. Sure it's a really fun piece, a grecian style one shoulder with a modern, upbeat twist but the leather mini underneath a pink floral lace skirt is a little conflicting. It's like the skirt stops. And then starts again.
Don't mind me though, it's Leighton Meester. She can get away with murder.




On a more pleasant note, she looks absolutely stunning in this campaign for Vera Wang.

1 comment :