B O T A N I C A


It's no surprise that I'm a huge fan of Secret Squirrel and their latest spring/summer collection, Botanica, does not disappoint. The highlight of the collection is the amazing digital floral print that the SS designers collaborated with jewellery and graphic designer, Elke Kramer to create. I love the unlikely fusion of artistic talents from different disciplines.

Personally though, my favourites are the classic block coloured, sleek silhouettes of shorts, shirts, blazers and trenches - that signature, polished and tailored look that they reproduce without fail each and every season. This time around they were inspired by traditional English gardens with a soft, muted palette and organic feminine shapes. I really love the minimalist, polished look of their collections and the garments they design, which makes them one of my favourite Australian designers. Funnily enough, I've never actually seen a Secret Squirrel piece in real life! They don't seem to have many stockists around Sydney but hopefully that will change very soon. Certainly one of those up and coming designers with a strong cult following. Would love to house a little piece of SS in my wardrobe this summer. 

1 comment :

  1. She's in the year below me! How strange, seeing her on here. Love the blog Mel :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete