mbfwa day 1. cobalt.


So I kicked off MBFWA in what has since become my colour of the season (expect a sweatshirt in the same hue for day two's look). Cobalt. Coincidentally the colour of my work uniform (no prize for guessing where I earn the big bucks). I haven't quite figured where my recent obsession with cobalt has stemmed from. Going one shade lighter than navy perhaps?

This cobalt shirt which channels some serious Equipment vibes is actually from The Daily Edited, which is an online store and blog aimed at those women working nine to five (what a way to make living!) Lucky for you everything in the store is under $100 including this shirt which has the same soft silky feel and fits a hundred times better than its exxy counterpart (sorry Equipment, you have some serious fit issues you need sorting out).

The shorts are an ode to one of my favourite Australian labels, Manning Cartell and was stoked to receive an invite to their show (no really I ran up to Deb and yelled omg about five times) which is hip-happening this afternoon. Check me out on Instagram (@_melissao) for all your real time updates. And on that note, I've teamed up with the incredible Christine who's lending her photography skills to help out with fashion week coverage. I struggled a little last year with not fully knowing my way around a camera and getting seated in rows other than the first one (silhouettes of heads with a blurred model in the background don't really help my cause) so to have someone with a good eye is going to make things much easier. Bring on day two. 

4 comments :

  1. Loving this colour! Looks so great on you.
    Looking forward to the rest of your posts on MBFWA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture of the shorts, great overall look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous shirt, the colour looks awesome on you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant outfit, love the wedges xx

    Loverandshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete