double up.


Otherwise known as the Canadian tuxedo (and heavily attributed to this red carpet disaster), double denim has until recent times, been off limits. The formula to executing double denim the right way is really quite simple. Contrast your washes (the stronger the contrast the better) and your textures. 

This denim duo are two of my current wardrobe favourites. The top half is from Uniqlo - which has finally opened in Australia and did not disappoint at all (same range as overseas and at competitive prices). I was lucky enough to be sent down by work to Melbourne for the day and coincidentally arrived on Emporium Melbourne's opening day. I took a sneaky visit to Uniqlo to pick up another one of these shirts in a darker wash - there are three delightful shades for you to choose from. Plus they're only $40. Yes I know. 

As for the jeans - I have been on the hunt for a distressed skinny pair since forever but I could never find one where the rips actually sit on the knee. Most of the time they sat close to mid calf which looked ridiculous. That's where cropped jeans come in. Not only are they the perfect length to pack comfortably into boots but the rips sit perfectly. Always knew I could count on J Brand to come through with the goods. 

Uniqlo shirt, J Brand jeans, Chloe boots, Karen Walker sunglasses.

1 comment :