C H A M P A G N E


Anne Hathaway just takes my breath away, she is shining like a star in Sydney for the Love & Other Drugs premiere (which I am super excited to see for three reasons 1) Anne Hathaway 2) Jake Gyllenhaal 3) Anne and Jake together) in Oscar de la Renta. This dress reminds me of champagne and sparklers. It's so simple and yet intricately stunning and Anne makes it look so effortless. She has the perfect body for a t-shirt dress style, it's not fitted but it still shows off her slender figure (can't say the same for me and my short legs). And I think the boat neckline makes it so subtly sexy, exposing just enough of her collarbones (and who doesn't love collar bones?) I used to associate sequins with Vegas showgirls or the my end of year dance concert costume from when I was seven but now I find myself eying everything from sequinned blazers to skirts. Along the way it somehow lost its tacky association and found itself on the runways and red carpets. As long as it's done with sophistication and elegance like Anne here, I'm all for it!

1 comment :